Grout McTavish Architects is a full-service architecture and planning firm focused on public facilities and science and cultural attractions. As world-class architects, planners and placemakers we are known for taking our clients’ visions and transforming them into extraordinary places that deliver unforgettable experiences.
Pulling from over 50 years of experience, Principals Clive Grout and Brad McTavish successfully blend striking design and progressive architectural techniques – creating projects recognized for a high standard of design, technical excellence and creative solutions that optimize value for money spent.
Our clients value our commitment to providing award winning design solutions developed within a context of listening, collaboration, innovative research and teamwork. Client satisfaction is our ultimate measure of success.
As a philosophy, the firm considers the following specific responsibilities to our clients as drivers of our design process and measures of the ultimate success of our projects:
- Full understanding and discussion of client expectations for the project
- Attention to developing and confirming functional and operational considerations
- Exploring comparable precedents for discussion and consideration of what might be relevant to our project
- An emphasis on creating memorable experiences for those who use and connect with the project
- Exploring and advocating sustainable design initiatives
- Inquisitiveness to explore new and evolving technologies and techniques
- Exploring opportunities to further enhance the connectivity to the public realm
- Explore the potential to incorporate the work of the visual arts integral with our architecture
- Understanding budget constraints and delivering creative solutions that optimize value for money spent
- Fostering openness and collaborative relationships with clients, consultants and construction teams